For those who commute on their motorcycles, dressing for safety and dressing for the day can be mutually exclusive. With the Heritage Collection, BMW Motorrad has found a way to straddle this divide with both riding gear that is comfortable to wear through the day and everyday fashion that is well-made and connects to a motorcycle enthusiast aesthetic.
In terms of look for a day, I would go with:
- PureBoxer leather jacket: Made with horse leather, it is a classic and understated cut that is said to grow into itself when worn regularly, as a leather jacket should. Three pockets on outside, two pockets on the inside, removable quilted thermal padding, underlying windbreaker, ultra-thin flex protectors with optional back protector ensure that it is as comfortable and safe on the bike as off. The BMW logo is also understated.
- RoadCrafted jeans: A cut that is not cumbersome, as some riding jeans tend to be in trying to overcompensate for riding boots. The protection is in the denim fabric, which is elastic and abrasion proof. The flex protectors on the knee and hips are removable.
- Worker long-sleeve shirt: Well made from cotton, the shirt is comfortable and works underneath the jacket and over the jeans.
- PureShifter boots: Dope cowhide leather boots that work with different looks, as long as they are jeans, but, more importantly, also have ankle and gear shift protectors. I have ruined many a pair of sneakers from constant shifting of gears.
- PureBoxer gloves: Quality deerskin gloves, comfortable to ride with and can also use forefinger with touchscreen, whether on bike or on your phone.
- Luftgekühlt beanie: To deal with helmet hair, the beanie has a simple, minimalistic design.