SEAWEED ANNA POTATO
6 Sifra potatoes – about 800g
1. Use greaseproof paper to line an 18 × 24cm baking tray, 4cm deep.
2. Peel the potatoes and slice thinly on a mandolin. Brush the base of the tray with seaweed butter. Layer the potato slices to cover the base and brush with the butter again. Repeat the process until the baking tray is full. Cover with another sheet of greaseproof paper.
3. Bake in the oven at 160 °C for 1–2 hours or until a skewer can be pressed through the layers with ease. Remove from the oven and place a tray of the same size that fits snugly into the first dish. Place foil-wrapped bricks in it to add weight for pressing. Keep the weighted dish overnight in the fridge.
4. Remove the Anna potato from the baking tray and slice into 16×4cm squares. Place the squares in a hot, dry nonstick pan and colour on all sides to serve.
• This recipe was first published in Mile 8 by David Higgs